I am often asked by clients to profile resources that they want to hire for Internet marketing. So I have decided to come out with a series of posts that will list the job responsibilities of candidates required for various tasks involving online marketing.
I am sharing these profiles under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Generic (CC BY 3.0) license and encourage you to copy and use these profiles for your own hiring needs. Here’s the first one:
Experience: 2+ Years.
History of active participation in campaigns across the main social media channels
- Be responsible for proposing, planning, running, and reporting on all social media marketing campaigns and therefore own the strategy, implementation and results of these campaigns
- Take care of multiple social media accounts across networks like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and more, for the end goals of procuring more business and enhancing brand presence and reputation
- Keep these accounts active with a high level of engagement, build business relationships while interacting, and be highly proactive and identify opportunities for interaction to reach out to prospects who could use our products/services
- Be our brand evangelist across all social media networks, always working to maintain and enhance our brand image and reputation while interacting across these platforms
- Use state-of-the-art tools to run, optimize and automate campaigns as per requirements. Use analytical tools to study campaign impact and share internally, and build on further campaigns from insights gathered from these tools
- Drive campaigns with a strong focus on revenue gains and ROI delivery
- Stay updated and informed on the latest social media marketing trends and implement the same in our strategy
- Needs to be remarkably creative in communication to write unique posts when reaching out to multiple people, although pitching the same service/product
- Needs to be remarkably proficient in using the English language with meticulous attention to removing errors in written communication before making any post public
- Should understand best practices in creating messages, nurturing leads and the sales cycle, and how to work in sync with other campaigns like SEO, paid advertising, email campaigns, etc., for maximum impact and gains.
- Needs to understand the thin dividing line between promoting and spamming
- Should believe in the joy of giving and extend help on social media networks to anyone we can reach out to, even if it means promoting others’ products/services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly proactive. Needs to identify opportunities across social networks and deliver keeping the end goals in view
- Knowledge of basic HTML skills is a plus
- Knowledge of SEO is a plus
- Knowledge of social media tools and automation is required
You are welcome to add more responsibilities or traits that I might have missed out. Looking forward to your comments.
This work is shared under a under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Generic (CC BY 3.0) license. The license permits you to to copy, distribute, transmit or adapt the work and use it commercially. You simply need to attribute the work by linking back to this page (but not in any way that suggests that I endorse you or your use of the work).